Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

Last Minute Crossing

So this morning I was reading through my email as usual with a cuppa  when I spied the ever-dangerous one from my travel agent. My eyes popped out of my head when I saw an eastbound transatlantic sailing in less than three weeks on one my favorite ships going for peanuts. A chill ran through me when I saw the arrival port: Harwich, England. Shoot, I already have a return air ticket from London that I haven't used and will expire if I don't.

What to do?

Call the woman, of course, and book it fast.

So I did. It was meant to be.
Here: are the details:

Day Location Arrival Departure
Friday, April 11, 2008 Fort Lauderdale, Florida -- 04:30 PM
Saturday, April 12, 2008 At Sea -- --
Sunday, April 13, 2008 Kings Wharf, Bermuda 04:00 PM --
Monday, April 14, 2008 Kings Wharf, Bermuda -- 03:30 PM
Tuesday, April 15, 2008 At Sea -- --
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 At Sea -- --
Thursday, April 17, 2008 At Sea -- --
Friday, April 18, 2008 At Sea -- --
Saturday, April 19, 2008 At Sea -- --
Sunday, April 20, 2008 Cork, Ireland 08:00 AM 05:00 PM
Monday, April 21, 2008 At Sea -- --
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 Paris (Le Havre), France 08:00 AM 11:00 PM
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 Cherbourg, France 07:00 AM 03:45 PM
Thursday, April 24, 2008 Harwich, England 04:30 AM --

I'll post pictures when I return.


<--- 2nd="" a="" aft="" back.="" balcony="" bedroom="" cabin="" divides="" during="" fantastic="" from="" glass="" huge="" laire="" last="" leads="" main="" on="" our="" out="" room="" s="" same="" screen="" september="" ship="" sitting="" span="" the="" to="" transatlantic.="" westbound="" which="">

Our aft balcony, same ship, different crossing. Fabulous! Docked at the time in St. John, Newfoundland. ------------------>

<--- 2nd="" a="" aft="" back.="" balcony="" bedroom="" cabin="" divides="" during="" fantastic="" from="" glass="" huge="" laire="" last="" leads="" main="" on="" our="" out="" room="" s="" same="" screen="" september="" ship="" sitting="" span="" the="" to="" transatlantic.="" westbound="" which="">On the knitting front: I am almost finished knitting the body of my Mr. Greenjeans cardie. I think two more complete cables will do it. Then it's onto the sleeves and the button band and it's finished.

My SOTSii got far behind the weekly schedule, and I am currently working my way through Hint 8 --- only about 80 or so rows to go to total completion. Whew!

The Malabrigo Junkies board on Ravelry is winding up Malabrigo March Madness. I started the Mr. Greenjeans cardie in Silky Merino. And I've finished the Herringbone Mittens in Vaa and Frank Ochre Merino Worsted, a Tudora neck ruff and a Capitan hat in Amoroso, and will cast on a few more small projects before March is over.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! You are going to have a great time.

    I just finished Hint #8 last night. Hopefully, #9 will get done sometime this week.

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you! If you want a response from me, be sure to leave an email address. Thanks!