Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Gift Knitting & A New Blog

Yeay! I finished one Christmas gift. The only hint I can leave, unfortunately, is that it is a pale blue-lavender baby alpaca something. The yarn is to the left. It is soooooo yummy-soft. If you are on Ravelry, you can see it in my Projects list, and the mystery will be solved for you. :-)

I'm in the middle of our quarterly business Board meetings, but will find the time to start two more Christmas gift projects: One is a tote that'll be lined and felted. I redid the palette to rosier reds, olives, golds, deep teal, black, and an accent of hazy purple. Going to cast on when some of the guys go out for their cancer break, which they usually manage to drag out to a half an hour.

The second is another nameless project. I have it in my Projects list on Ravelry. Hints: It involves Fair Isle stranding, is a smallish project, and the pattern is available in the Interweave Holiday Gifts 2007 issue. That's all I can say right now.

I started another blog that has nothing to do with knitting but everything to do with expressing gratitude for the small (perhaps even infinitesimal) things in daily life, and recording favorite family recipes so they're easy to find.  We can choose to dwell on the crap that inevitably takes over our lives sometimes, or we can thank our lucky stars for small happinesses. That's why CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR BREAKFAST was born. Go visit and tell everyone about the good thing in your day .... leave feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you! If you want a response from me, be sure to leave an email address. Thanks!