Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

Another Crossing

This will be the last post for awhile, as I am absconding for yet another transatlantic crossing, this one on Celebrity's CONSTELLATION, leaving from Dover, England with stops in Dublin, Cork, Cornwall, Le Havre, St. John's Newfoundland, Halifax NS, and Bayonne NJ. Yes, I will be knitting on sea days. No, I don't plan to take the Cherry Leaf project or any lace knitting, for that matter: I need uninterrupted time to do lace, something that isn't realistic on a crossing. So my Shoulder Shawl in Cherry Leaf Pattern is going to sit home and sulk for a few weeks. I will be casting on the Pea Pod Baby Set and the Tweedy Vest during this trip, though.

I am hosting a charity knitting event on sea days, for Stitches From the Heart, asking those on the Cruiseline Fans and Cruise Critic roll call boards, and anyone else who is on the ship for this crossing to participate and/or donate machine washable/dryable worsted, DK, sport weight, or fingering weight yarn in baby/child colors, and/or straight needles in size 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8, to make their preferred knitting patterns or crochet patterns. Don't forget to print out the pattern directions and put them in your knitting tote! We will meet on sea days, beginning with the 2nd sea day, on Deck Twelve forward, in the Revelations Lounge, at 2 p.m. If you are on this crossing, I look forward to meeting you, continuing the tradition of charity knitting events aboard ship on sea day afternoons that Ann Landau started last year on CENTURY.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to comment here--I couldn't find your email. Re: my Pea Pod set...I did not find errata, but I did have trouble during the main lace panel set up portion. I seemed to have one too many stitches. I couldn't figure out the problem, so I just moved the stitch marker dividing the lace panel from the stockinette part and didn't worry about it. It makes the lowest leaf's border more of a diagonal line of YOs, rather than vertical, as the higher up leaves have. Thanks so much for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Glad to hear from you! If you want a response from me, be sure to leave an email address. Thanks!